Tuesday, January 15, 2013

First Day of Class

My first class was a success! It didn't even seem like it lasted 3 hours. I wasn't the only single parent there (thank God!) The class was about half and half. I was shocked to see as many African American people there also. We learned so much in such a short time. We even watched a movie about difficult foster children. The other parents were soooo nice. I was also surprised at how far some people are traveling for these classes. I'm super lucky because the classes are literally five mintues away from my house.

I have heard people say that they use scare tactics to try to scare people away who are just trying to adopt infants but that wasn't the case here at all. They let us know that there are infants available and it is possible to adopt. All in all it was a great class and I'm already looking forward to next week! I'll keep you all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment