Monday, January 28, 2013

EXCITED!!

Ok so I never mentioned this but before I decided to become a foster parent I volunteered for a local nonprofit organization called the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition. They help foster and adoptive parents by providing respite events, training as well as gifts on birthdays and holidays. Anyway, I went to one of our meetings tonight and I met a girl who was just listened a few weeks ago with the same agency I'm working with! She was so nice, she gave me her phone number and said I can call her if I have any questions. Her and her husband are also respite providers so I will have someone I'm familiar with in case I need respite care. I'm so happy I met her she was full of great advice. She said since she has been licensed she has gotten 4 calls, all for infants but no placements yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment