Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Home Visit

I had my first home visit today and it was not as invasive as I expected. She didn't even look around my entire house she just wanted to see the room that the child would be sleeping in. She was surprised at how much stuff I had gotten already. The majority of the visit was just signing and going over paperwork. My licensing worker is nice and since my classes end on March 12th she said I can expect to be licensed sometime in April. She also told me that there is a need for my age range which is 0-3 but there are also a lot of families with that same age range. After this visit I'm pretty much at ease about the process from this point on.

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to find your blog! I'm also single and just starting out on this foster care journey. My home study is coming up next week. I look forward to reading about your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and congratulations! Welcome to this world I feel like we are members of some type of secret society :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I do too! A scary but exciting society :)

      Delete